The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) Employment & Training Program is designed to promote self-sufficiency through employment for SNAP applicants and recipients. Services include: job readiness, job search, job retention and training funding.
The SNAP Employment & Training Program operates in Natrona and Campbell Counties. The program includes:
- Participants will receive training in job seeking skills including preparing applications and resumes, effective interviewing, labor market research and job retention skills.
- Training may also include life skills to prepare participants for employment.
- Training could also provide participants with tools to develop career plans and progress in the world of work.
- Segments may include opportunities for job seekers to assess themselves, work as a team, improve communication, practice creativity and develop habits that will assist them in progressing in their employment if they are underemployed or employed part-time.
- Funding opportunities for short term vocational training may also be available.
For more information on the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program and where to apply for assistance, please visit the Wyoming Department of Family Services SNAP website.