Fatal alerts are one of the methods we use to make employers and employees throughout the State aware that a fatal accident has occurred and the circumstances surrounding the accident. They are a brief summary of our accident investigation and contain a summary of the accident, causes and contributing factors, and our recommendations to prevent recurrence.
- - Water well drilling rig Tool Pusher dies while drilling water well.
- - Asbestos abatement worker dies when utility vehicle strikes metal gate.
- - Industrial Painter dies due to lack of adequate fall protection.
- - Sawmill worker dies due to lack of adequate fall protection.
- - Employee falls through floor opening and drown at food processing plant.
- - Worker falls from Semi-tracker trailer after loading sulfur and dies.
- - Oilfield worker fatally injured in a vehicle back-over accident.
- - Worker crushed by excavator on road work construction site.
- - Worker crushed by pump jack.
- - Worker killed by bear will working in National forest.
- - Employee falls from ladder and later dies from injuries sustained.
- - One employee dies and Three are injured during a well production storage tank cleaning process.
- - Employee was thrown into the air.
- - Employee dies from burn injuries sustained while working on Carbon Fire Production oven.
- - Unrestrained employee, working in a general industry setting, lost his balance and fell 11.5 feet to a concrete floor.
- - Employee killed when Rig Hoisting Equipment brakes failed â€‹and post attached.
- - Employee working for an oilfield equipment repair facility was pulled into a vertical lathe.
- - Three employees severely burned while attempting to repair a well site separator.
- - Employee fatally injured by fall water well pump.
- - Employee run over by dump truck on road construction project.
- - Employee working to unload drill pipe from rail car dies when struck by pipe.
- - Five workers injured during welding activities on well production site.
- - Multiple employees injured when un-controlled flammable gases find ignition sourcesâ€‹.
- - Employee lost his balance and fell into a cooling unit's fan.
- - Employee crushed by a 525-gallon container.
- - Employee fatally injured while working in a trench shield.
- - Employee fell from scaffolding onto frozen ground.
- - Employee ejected from an aerial lift causing fatal injuries.
- - Timber operation employee run over by tractor/trailer.
- - Well service company employee run over by a tractor trailer.
- - Rig fire claims one life.
- - Employee fell from oil rig derrick.
- - Two men died while trying to repair the pumps in a septic tank.
- - Truck driver pinched between two trucks.
- - Three workers lost their lives during welding activities on a production well site.
- - Construction foreman drowns when excavator breaks through ice.
- - Victim received an electrical shock while working on a live gate.
- - Roustabout service employee struck by production casing or the production casing rack as it collapsed.
- - Welder fatally injured during a 36 inch gas line pipe welding operation.
- - Driller dies from massive head injury.
- - Fire proofer fatally injured when he fell from a second floor mechanical room doorway, 16 feet to the lower level of the empty stairwell shaft.
- - Tire technician dies after tire explosion.
- - Ski patroller falls when patrolling out of bound area.
- - Groundskeeper fatally injured when run over by tractor lawn mower.
- - Worker dies in excavation cave-in.
- - Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) fatality injured.
- - Employee electrocuted by servicing rig contacting power line.
- - Employees fell while setting trusses (Catastrophe/No fatality).
- - Employee fatally injured while climbing communication tower.
- - Laborer/fencer fatally injured while moving heavy equipment through waterway.
- - Rig hand fatally injured when he was struck by a non-magnetic drill collar (NMDC).
- - Motorman falls after being struck in the head by falling drill pipe.
- - Crane operator fatally injured while disassembling a lattice boom on a truck mounted crane.
- - Employee fatally injured on a gas well site when he was run over by the rear tires of a tracker/trailer loaded with sand.
- - Drilling rig electrocution.
- - Scaffold accident.
- - ATV accident.
- - Employee run over by front loader.
- - Maintenance on drilling derrick in yard.
- - Vehicle rolled over employee.
- - ATV accident.
- - Sheepherder fatally injured when thrown or kicked by horse.
- - Employee backed over by motor grade.
- - ATV accident.
- - Employee overcome by CO in dark room.
- - Worker struck by a blooie line.
- - Fall from drilling site.
- - Driller struck by chain tong handle.
- - Forklift accident at drilling site.
- - Extra rider on forklift fell off.
- - Employee fell between two frac tanks being heated.
- - Forklift accident; No fatality.
- - Welding accident.
- - Department of Agriculture employee dies in fall.
- - Catastrophe/No fatality; Employees burned from a flash fire.
- - Employee caught in unguarded, rotating shaft on mud pump.
- - Dozer operator hit existing gas line causing an explosion and fire.
- - Mechanic crushed by hydraulic lift boom.
- - Water well rig accident; Employee caught in shaft.
- - Demolition project laborer struck by falling bentonite tank.
- - Explosion in a tank car.
- - Lineman electrocution.
- - Employee struck by falling tree.
- - ATV accident.
- - Deceased struck by falling tree.
- - Snubbing specialist fatally injured when he fell.
- - Roustabout fatally injured while stacking pipe.
- - Employee fell from drilling rig derrick.
- - Employee got caught into the Kelly under substructure.
- - Drilling rig sheave failure.