Through participation in the Wyoming Department of Workforce Services, OSHA Division's Health and Safety Consultation Employer Discount Program, employers may receive a premium base rate Workers' Compensation insurance discount. Applications to participate in the program may be submitted to the OSHA Division at any time and upon approval, premium base rate discounts are implemented in the subsequent calendar quarter. Discount rates are effective for up to three years unless the OSHA Division finds the employer to be in non-compliance with any of the program requirements.
There are four tiers in this program with possible discount rates of 3 Percent, 5 Percent, 7 Percent and 10 Percent.
- 3 Percent Discount Tier I - Complete a full service, onsite survey and abate all hazards.
- 5 Percent Discount Tier II - Complete all requirements of the Tier II Health and Safety Program. The Tier II program includes (but may not be limited to) the full onsite survey and obtain a score of two (zero to three scale) on each item on the HSC Tier II program requirements list.
- 7 Percent Discount Tier III - Complete all requirements of the Tier III Health and Safety Program. The Tier III program includes (but may not be limited to) the full onsite survey, a Workers' Compensation Experience Modification Rating (EMR) less than the Base Rate and obtain a score of two (zero to three scale) on each item on the HSC Tier III program requirements list.
- 10 Percent Discount Tier IV - Complete all requirements of the Tier IV Health and Safety Program. The Tier IV program includes (but may not be limited to) the full onsite survey, a Workers' Compensation Experience Modification Rating (EMR) less than the Base Rate and obtain a score of three on 10 percent of the items on the Tier IV HSC program requirements list and a score of two (zero to three scale) on the remainder of the items on the list.
For all four tiers, the survey may be conducted by Wyoming OSHA Consultation office, Workers' Compensation Safety and Risk (WCSR) Office, the Wyoming State Mine Inspector, or a qualified third-party health and safety professional approved by the Wyoming Department of Workforce Services. The specific program requirements for each tier are available upon request.
In addition to the tiered requirements above, an employer must meet the following requirements:
- Have at least one employee;
- Establish and maintain certificates of good standing with Wyoming Workers' Compensation, Unemployment Insurance and the Wyoming Secretary of State.
Forms & Documents
- Submit an application for the Health & Safety Consultation Employer Discount.
- Workers' Compensation Discount Programs
List of Approved 3rd Party Consultants
As of April 20, 2018, the following have completed the review and approval process for third party consultants that have been approved to conduct visits required for acceptance into the Health & Safety Consultation Employer Discount Program:
- VPP, Inc., Markus Wesaw, P.O. Box 680, Fort Washakie, WY 82514 - email@example.com; (307)463-0037
- Nicholas Kricken, 8918 Red Fox Road, Cheyenne WY 82009 - firstname.lastname@example.org; (307) 631-2947
- CS Consulting LLC, Steve Dacus, 4151 Ten Mile Road, Casper, WY 82604 - email@example.com; (307) 235-9112
- Jack M. Seybert, X-OSHA LLC, Johnstown, Colorado 80534 - firstname.lastname@example.org; (970)381-4154