What information do I need before I fill out my Business Registration?
- Social Security number (individuals only,) or Federal Employer Identification Number (all other business forms);
- Unemployment Insurance number;
- Workers' Compensation number;
- Business' physical and mailing addresses; and
- Contact person information
I am a Sole Proprietor; I do not have Unemployment Insurance or Workers' Compensation. Can I still get a grant?
Yes. However, you will be required to register to receive Unemployment Insurance (UI) and a Workers' Compensation (WC) numbers to complete the business registration.
How do I get Unemployment Insurance and Worker's Compensation numbers?
Visit the Business Registration website and fill out the application. The business will receive both numbers by mail and are responsible for providing them to WDTF staff as soon as possible.
Why do I need a WC or UI number if I am not eligible for the programs?
If you are not eligible for UI or WC, the business will be provided with temporary numbers that will show whether they are in good standing with those divisions. Temporary status will not require any payment or reporting on the part of the business, but must be renewed annually.
I started my Business Registration last week, I filled out the Joint Registration form and now I cannot access my WDTF account to fill in my UI and/or WC numbers. Why?
Unfortunately, the business will not be able to access the account until it has been approved by WDTF staff. Please call 307-777-8917 for assistance.
I am a Sole Proprietor and the only employee. Can I get a workforce grant?
Yes. To receive a New or Existing Position Grant you will need to provide a qualifying payroll verification of your hourly wage.
What kinds of businesses are not eligible for WDTF grants?
- Government entities as per W.S. §1-39-103(a);
- Religious or Sectarian entities as per W.S. §97-1-019;
- Businesses in bad standing with any of the following:
- Wyoming Unemployment Insurance;
- Wyoming Workers' Compensation;
- Wyoming Secretary of State; or
- Wyoming Workforce Development Training Fund.
Why is the system not accepting my password?
The password must contain at least seven characters and must include at least one special character or symbol.
Why do I need a WC and UI numbers if I am not eligible for those programs?
If you are not eligible for UI or WC, the business will be provided with temporary numbers that will show whether the employer is in good standing with those divisions. Temporary status will not require any payment or reporting on the part of the business, but must be renewed annually.