DADS Making a Difference was created to assist dads in achieving employment and in contributing to their child(ren)’s well-being. This will be achieved by:
- receiving training to prepare for a worthwhile career with higher paying wages,
- becoming gainfully employed, self-sufficient, and contributing to their dependent children’s financial well-being,
- becoming more involved in their dependent children’s emotional, social, and physical development,
- acquiring skills for good parenting, and
- when possible, working together as a team with custodial parent for the benefit of their dependent children.
What is the Schedule Like?
- Phase One
- Application and approval
- Phase Two (14 weeks)
- Job training
- Group & individual counseling
- Life skills training
- Mentor services
- Extensive case management support
- Phase Three
- On-the-job training and job placement
- Phase Four
- Follow-up to ensure success
Am I Qualified to Join?
To qualify, you must be...
- Either a custodial or non-custodial parent
- Interested in a better-paying job
- 18 years of age or older
- In the Low-Income bracket (your income needs to be 185% or below the Federal Poverty Guidelines)
- Willing to commit to a comprehensive training program
- Interested in contributing more to your child's welfare
How Do I Apply?
Download this Application Form. Print out a copy and fill it out completely. Then, mail it to the address below:
Wyoming Department of Workforce Services
1510 East Pershing Blvd.
Cheyenne, WY, 82002
Re: DADS Making a Difference
You can also visit the above address or call (307) 777-3700.