Empowering Wyoming Dads, Strengthening Wyoming Families
The Nationally recognized Dads Making a Difference program is a training-to-work program for low income custodial and non-custodial fathers who are experiencing multiple barriers to self-sufficiency. The Dads Making a Difference program provides the services necessary for the participants to actively improve the quality of their own lives, as well as the lives of their children and families. Each participant is provided with job training in high growth, high demand occupations, followed by placement assistance in high paying jobs. The program participants are also provided with nationally recognized life skills training on topics such as parenting skills, healthy relationships, financial literacy, credit recovery, job seeking skills and techniques, employment retention, resource development, problem solving, and more. Individual
and group counseling by a Licensed Professional Counselor is also part of the program, as well as community service and leadership activities. Learn more about the program by reviewing the brochure..
WHY DADS MAKING A DIFFERENCE WORKS
- Self-Sufficiency: 50% of the program addresses job training, employability, work ethic and career development.
- Quality of Life: 50% of the program addresses the acquisition of life skills, problem solving skills, contingency planning abilities, personal and family wellness, healthy personal relationships,
personal and child advocacy, and more.
- Alumni: Successful graduates serve as ambassadors and mentors for the program well past
their graduation date.
- Volunteerism: Community service is cultivated and participants develop a personal investment in
the success of their community.
- Systems Advocacy: Learning how to navigate numerous systems and garnering appropriate community supports.
- The Law of Attraction: Participants develop a “DADS” culture that promotes an environment of success, attracting motivated applicants, encouraging networking and job sourcing, and inspiring employers to seek out program graduates.
- Best Practices: Nationally recognized life skills curriculum includes: Getting Ahead in a Just
Getting By World (resource development training), PAIRS (healthy relationship training), Love &
Logic Parenting, Greenpath Debt Solutions (financial literacy), Bring You’re A Game to Work (Eric Chester), 12-Step Programs.
- Power of the Mind: Cognitive-Behavioral therapy is provided for individual counseling, family
therapy, group sessions, recovery, and relapse prevention.
- Community Support: Strong community support from Department of Family Services, Wyoming Department of Corrections, Child Support Enforcement, Father Factor, Laramie County Community College, Cheyenne Chamber of Commerce, Wyoming Legislators, many local non-profit organizations, and the Wyoming Governor’s Office.
WHY IT MATTERS
- Are you a custodial or non-custodial father?
- Are you low-income and struggle making enough money to support yourself and your family?
- Are you 18 years old or older?
- Are you drug-free?
- Are you motivated to making a change in your life?
- Can you dedicate yourself to a comprehensive and time intensive career program?
Pick up a Dads Making a Difference program application available at the Cheyenne Workforce Center at 1510 E. Pershing Blvd. West Entrance, Cheyenne; or click here Application Form to download
and print a copy of the application.
When complete, turn the application in to the Dads Making a Difference offices located in the Cheyenne Workforce Center at 1510 E. Pershing Blvd. West Entrance, Cheyenne.
Once your application is received, you will be contacted by a Dads Making a Difference staff member to set up an informational meeting for further details and interview schedules.
Dads Making a Difference
1510 E. Pershing Blvd., West Entrance
Cheyenne, WY 82002
307-777-3717 or 307-777-8044 or 307-777-3639