On May 11, 2018, another Wyoming Fall Protection Stand-Down event occurred at 1002 South Greeley Highway in Cheyenne, Wyoming. The event demonstrated Wyoming's continued resolve, to change the safety record and culture in Wyoming. Events like this are making a difference, and all that participated and/or supported this year's event should be proud.
Here are some quick facts from the stand down:
- Approximately 200 folks came to the event.
- Approximately 90 employees attended the OSHA #7405, Fall Hazard Awareness for the Construction Industry classes (there were three sessions - two in English and one in Spanish) and were trained and credentialed with CEU's.
- The Mayor of Cheyenne, Marian Orr stop by and spoke to attendees encouraging safety in the workplace.
- The 3M Fall Protection Truck provided fall protection information and demonstrations.
- New fall protection technology was demonstrated, and numerous fall protection questions and concerns were answered.
- There were six vendors and/or sponsor booths.
A special thanks for Roofline Supply & Delivery (Justin Ochsner & Keith Philips) for sponsoring the food and refreshments, the Salt Lake City Utah OSHA Training Institute for providing the trainers, Wyoming Montana Safety Council, the Cheyenne Roofing Alliance (special call out for Inman Roofing's, Marcia Wilcox) and Wyoming Construction Alliance (special call out for Haselden Construction, Clayton Gaunt) for providing the staff to assist with organizing, setup, getting sponsors and tear down.
It takes a great team effort to ensure these events go smoothly. WY OSHA along with our partners look forward to next year's event, and know it will be even better!