The Wyoming Department of Workforce Services - Unemployment Insurance Program pays temporary benefits to workers who have lost their job through no fault of their own. In order to access this program, those workers need to be looking for work and meet certain requirements.
The Unemployment Insurance Division offers the following services:
- Unemployment Claims and Payments
- Unemployment Adjudication
- Employer Protests and Charging
- Benefit Payment Control
Filing for Unemployment
The Department is committed to creating a process to access unemployment insurance benefits easy for those who need them. With this in mind, individuals who want to apply for Unemployment Insurance can do so electronically.
Also, the below information will be beneficial to those who want to apply for Unemployment Insurance:
- File an Initial Claim online, or call us at (307) 473-3789
- Methods of Filing Bi-Weekly Claims
- Preparing Before You File for Unemployment
- Unemployment Insurance Printable Forms
- Wyoming UI Claimant Guidebook
- Frequently Asked Questions
In order to provide unemployment insurance to individuals who qualify for benefits, the Wyoming Department of Workforce Services is responsible for collecting unemployment tax from employers. The Department's Unemployment Insurance Division collects employer registrations and conducts quarterly reporting. To efficiency provide quarterly reporting, the Unemployment Insurance Division relies on the Wyoming Internet Reporting for Employers (WIRE) system.
Visit here for information on Appeals.