ATTENTION! All Unemployment Insurance functions will be closed from noon on Thursday, June 21, through Tuesday, June 26, as we transition to our upgraded system. The new system and all Unemployment Insurance functions will reopen on Wednesday, June 27. Find more information here.
How Do I Report Earnings?
- Report your earnings, including National Guard pay, in the week earned, not when paid
- If you are unsure of the number of hours worked, the rate per hour, or the total earned, ask your employer. Do not guess
- Report gross earnings before deductions, not the net amount that you receive
- Recording your earnings each day on a calendar will help you report your earnings correctly
How Do I Report Tips?
- Report tips like earnings
- Report tips in the week earned, not when paid. Keep records of your tips
- If you receive a percentage of total tips and are unsure of the amount, ask your employer. Do not guess
- Report gross tips before deductions, not the net amount that you receive
- Recording your tips each day on a calendar will help you report your tips correctly
How Do I Report Self-Employment?
- Report self-employment when earned, not when paid
- Report self-employment as a net figure, after your expenses are deducted from your income
- If you are not sure what these amounts are, consult your accountant or tax advisor
- You may be required to provide records of your income and expenses
Remember! Earnings may be audited!