Unemployment Insurance is a program to pay temporary benefits to those workers who lose their job through no fault of their own, are seeking work and meet requirements.
The program is financed entirely by employers covered under the Wyoming Employment Security Law.
The following functions are handled by the Unemployment Insurance Division.
- Unemployment Insurance Claims and Payments
- Unemployment Insurance Adjudication
- Employer Protests and Charging
- Benefit Accuracy Measurement
- Benefit Payment Control
Methods of Filing New, Additional and Reopened Unemployment Claims
- By phone
- During the COVID-19 pandemic, we have contracted with an outside call center to assist with Unemployment Insurance claims. You can reach the call center at (888) 674-7699. The original UI claims number, (307) 473-3789, remains active, as well.
- If you live outside of Wyoming, claims can be filed by calling the Wyoming Claims Center at (866) 729-7799.