ATTENTION! All Unemployment Insurance functions will be closed from noon on Thursday, June 21, through Tuesday, June 26, as we transition to our upgraded system. The new system and all Unemployment Insurance functions will reopen on Wednesday, June 27. Find more information here.
- All new claims data is matched for accuracy against Social Security Administration information.
- Claimants who are not citizens of the United States are matched against records maintained by Homeland Security, formerly INS.
- Claimants participate in "Eligibility Reviews" which determine whether they qualify for insurance benefits.
- Earnings provided by the claimants are verified with their employers.
- Quarterly wages that are supplied by employers are matched against UI payments to detect overpayments and claimant fraud.