The Wyoming State Rehabilitation Council works on behalf of Wyoming citizens with disabilites, and promotes competitive and integrated employment through suppport of the Wyoming Division of Vocational Rehabilitation to continually work to improve the quality of employment services for all people with disabilities. The SRC council members participate in monthly conference calls that are open to the public. On the even months, council members organize as a full council to review subcommittee work and establish council-wide goals and activities. Two of these phone conferences are replaced with face-to-face meetings twice a year in April and August. The spring meeting is held at various locations around the state. The August meeting is conducted in collaboration with the Wyoming the State Independent Living Council and occurs in Casper. Both of these face-to-face meetings are open to the public. On the odd months, council members meet with their subcommittee groups to work on specific tasks assigned by the larger council. The subcommittees report to the larger council and bring their work forward for consideration and vote for council policy and implementation.
2017 SRC activities include:
- The SRC obtains regular updates to the dashboard for VR Services linked to its website for program review
- The SRC conducted focused efforts to recruit and expand membership representation on the council statewide
- The SRC received regular updates on the work done on behalf of the Employment First legislative implementation for the state
- The SRC conducted new membership training at its August meeting in Casper
- The SRC established a collaborative committee with SILC members to form a new Joint Public Forum Partnership Committee to identify better coordination of effort between the two councils
- SRC identified two representatives to attend the NSRC national conferences in Greenville, North Carolina
State Rehabilitation Council Committees
- Review, analyze, and advise DYR regarding the State Unified Plan prior to its submission to Rehabilitation Services Administration, RSA.
- Review and analyze recently completed Wyoming Assessment of Rehabilitation Needs WYARN recommendations and their correlation with the Unified State Plan goals as appropriate.
- Review and Analyze DVR policies and procedures for better understanding of DVR processes and decision-making. Recommend systematic changes as appropriate.
- Organize collaboration and cooperation activities with other agencies and advisory councils.
- Develop and implement activities to educate and promote DVR and SRC to the general public, disability organizations, employers, and community and state leaders.
- Review and analyze client satisfaction survey results to determine statewide trends and advise DVR administration accordingly.
Membership and Recruitment Committee
- Contact and recruit prospective members who meet membership criteria in order to maintain a full council.
- Recommend termination of delinquent council members.
- Organize annual orientations and training activities for new and experienced council members.
Upcoming SRC Meetings
|Walmart and High Mountain Seasonings|
|Man's Best Friend|
|Wyoming Roofing, Sheridan County Fairgrounds and Kennon Products|
|Sam's Club and Advantage Marketing|
|Westward Heights Care Center and Wind River Casino|
|Taco Johns, Menards and D&H Welding|
|Powell Recycle Center and Cowtown Candy|
|Ark Animal Hospital, Casper|
|Valley Floral, Saratoga|
|Culver's and Attention Homes|
- History of Vocational Rehabilitation
- The Rehabilitation Act
- The Principles and Policies of the Rehabilitation Act
- The Role of the State Rehabilitation Council
- National Disability Employment Awareness PSA
SRC Reports, Meeting Agendas and Minutes
For Council reports, agendas and minutes, contact Rhonda Tanner at (307) 777-8650 or email@example.com.